Pages

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Leopard SOS

Hi Again 

It's been a few weeks since my last post and right now I am sitting here in my living room with a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach.    
It's Tuesday 27th November and merely an hour and a bit before midnight and hubby and Miss M has rushed off to the vet with a sick baby leopard!  She's only 3 weeks old and has suddenly taken a turn.  Don't know why!!!  She weights 600 grams (400 g at birth) and was absolutely fine earlier on.  Poor baby!  (The baby leopard and Miss M - her heart is broken!!!!!! and hubby is completely stressed out!!)
We have been doing this, raising cubs, for more than 20 years and believe me, leopards are extremely difficult to hand raise.  
I also worry because this is such a dangerous road in the day and to travel it at night, well... only in extreme emergencies!!  It's a road full of pot-holes and in some places the road has turned into gravel,  it's no longer tar, and stray cattle and donkeys are everywhere.  It takes about an hour and a half to get to the vet, yep, it's far!  This is going to be a late night!  

Will see you again later.  I am terribly sorry but I just cannot concentrate on this blog right now.  Will see you again soon, promise!

Love
Amarie

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated