Pages

Saturday 18 May 2013

Books from my craft room

 Hello Everybody

Firstly, I would like to welcome 2 new friends!!!Teresa Kasner and Jules from little woollie, welcome and thank you so much for following my blog!!!And a big thank you to everyone stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!!! I am quite pleased at how my blog is growing!!!!

Today I thought I would show you some of the books I have in my craftroom!!!  There's some new ones, some old ones and some really old ones!!! 
So, starting with the really old one...
     .....I think this book must be about 50+ years old....
I remember when I was about 4 years old, I had my very first crochet lesson from my Mom and from this book!!!!
....This is the front page of the book and there are no first published dates or names of publishers....
 ... Just an acknowledgement by the author....

I remember sitting in the backyard under an old Mulberry tree, having cookies and tea with my mom and learning to crochet from this old book!!! Of course I couldn't read then but I could "read" the pictures!!!!
   and follow the step by step instructions!!!
Here are just a few of the things I remember Mom had made from this book....
Some Doilies and I think I might still have some of these!!!...
         ...Mom always looked so dashing in her hat just  like this one...
... I remember Zennet wearing bibs like these, in beautiful baby colors with animals on....
...and we always had these on our couches, in different patterns and shapes....
The second oldest book I have is this one...
 This one has dates......

I remember the day Mom brought this book  home!!! It had color photos on the cover!!! and inside there were color photos of projects!!! Oh my goodness, we were so excited about the color photos!!! I remember every single person who came to visit us had to page through this book with me, the book with it's color photos!!!! It was a treasure!!!

And I had so much more to learn from this book with all it's different chapters!!! And so I also started knitting and became a knitter instead of a crocheter, until last year when I picked up a crochet hook again... and the rest is history!!!
Mom also had some wonderful magazines, and now I get to treasure them!!!


And these are just a few....

of the beautiful....


items from these magazines...
And then there is this very, Very SPECIAL pattern leaflet that I remember like it's yesterday!!! My sister, my Mom and Myself, we all had identical dresses like these, made from this pattern!!!!
Mom had a white dress with long black boots, mine was a light pink and Margaret had a light blue dress (Zennet was not even born yet!!!) and we wore it with long white knee high socks with a frilly edge and our black shoes!!! (Just like the picture) This memory actually brings a tear to my eye!!!
Moving on...
This was the very first book I bought myself with my very first pay cheque 35 years ago!!!
and from then on my own collection grew as my interests varied and I tried my hand at a variety of crafts!!!! Loving all of them!!!






I love my books and everything else in my craft room!!!!
And lastly, I would like to thank my Mom for cultivating this love of crafting in me from a very young age!!!  I love you, always!!!! 

'Till next time, enjoy a crafty week!!!
Love
AMarie

PS: New books just arrived in the post 5 min ago!!!!!!
and....
Although they're not for my craft room, I love, LOVE books!!!All books!!!!


                                xxxxx        

6 comments:

  1. Some very retro craft books there! I love the pictures in these old books! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post! I see you have the crafting gene too! good memories, I have tried lots of different crafts too. I like the look of 'make give sell'. So many things to choose from, what will you make?! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work, you are very creative and wonderful, great post. Kisses from Spain.

    My blog: http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna-Marie, I just landed on your blog and I really like it. This post is so interesting to me, I absolutely love old crafting and cooking magazines and books. I have a few which have been handed down to me through my husband's family and I love to read them. I'm following your blog and looking forward to reading more. :)

    Jennifer
    http://thistlebearhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous post! Thanks for sharing all those wonderful books with us. They are obviously so full of memories and history, and the fashions are great! And your newer titles look tempting too - I really like the look of Make, Give, Sell. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great collection of craft books. I love the vintage treasures. I recently reorganized my craft library and was almost embarrased by how many books I have amassed, BUT...I constantly refer to them and just love them. Books are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated