Pages

Tuesday 28 May 2013

THERE'S A MONKEY ON MY WINDOW SILL.....

Hello Everyone

It's that time of the year again!!! Mid term + Exams Little Miss J A stressed and edgy, Little Miss J!!!
So Miss Molly baked some cinnamon cookies for her sister (aaaahhh sweeeeet), absolute in her believe that cinnamon is 'good for the brain' and would be a good snack while studying late at night!!!
Now, as you all know, there is something very comforting and homely about the smell of home baked cookies and freshly brewed coffee!!! A smell that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside!!!
But we were not the only ones enjoying the wonderful smells.......
We were all sitting at the dining room table enjoying freshly baked cinnamon cookies and a really, ah, a really good cup of coffee, when we heard this really soft 'knocking or slapping' noise at the kitchen window...!!!
Thinking it must be one of the cats, we carried on, laughing, talking and dunking yummy cinnamon cookies......
But then the 'knocking and slapping' got a little louder and was accompanied by a kind of chattering..... So we went to investigate, and there he was......a Monkey on my kitchen window sill!!! 
He wasn't worried by us on the other side of the window at all!!!  He chattered and smeared his little hands all over the window, biting the window frame and showing his teeth, but not in a aggressive way, but more like a "I want some of that too" way!!!
After about 10 min and the poor little monkey still trying to get to the cookies, I decided to give him one!!!! I know, I know !!! Not the right thing to do, I know!!! But seriously, you should have seen that little face!!! He had a frown as deep as can be!!! And a quivering little lip!!! 
I melted!!! He really wanted a cookie!!! He was begging for a cookie!!!  And they are clever little creatures!!! The smell of those cinnamon cookies were just more than he could bare!!!
So I offered him a cookie and he took it ever so gently from my hand!!! I was so surprised!!! I thought he would grab it and run!!!  But he didn't!!! He was so gentle and so very, very grateful!!! He sat on the sleeper table and ate his cookie and I promise, you could see the total enjoyment on his face!!!
He just sat there and ate 2 cookies, taking small little bites and savouring each bite, picking up any falling crumbs !!! He came back for a third and just before he disappeared into the trees, he turned back and sat just for a moment, as if to say thank you!!!! 
Oh, I know you would have melted too!!! That little frowning face was just too much for me!!! And seriously, he just wanted a cinnamon cookie!!!! And they were really, really scrumptious!!!
             Cute will always be Cute!!!

****I do apologize for the dark photos but I was worried that the flash might just freak him out!!! ****    
     
             And here's another Cutie!!! 
Rosko!!!!
                He knew those feathers.....
usually come with a nice fat guinea fowl.... 
and he wanted it!!! He bit and chewed and pulled and scratched until they were all off and only then was he  satisfied that he had caught himself a guinea fowl!!!
        Again, Cute will always be Cute!!!!!

A big Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to visit my blog and to all the kind comments!!! I really do appreciate it and it's only with your support can my blog grow!!!

Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!
'Till next time!!!!!
Love
AMarie

7 comments:

  1. And I get excited when the neighbourhood cats visit me.....imagine how I'd be if a monkey came visiting! Good luck with those exams....:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! That must have been kind of shocking! Don't worry, I would have wanted to feed him too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you see him again! what a nice visitor! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! There really was a monkey on your windowsill! I'd have screamed with shock I think. What amazing wildlife you have in your part of the world. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha!! cute monkey! he must want to hang out with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute monkey! he must want to hang out with you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated