Pages

Thursday 9 May 2013

FLYING COLORS...

Hello - Hello

I think I told you once that I was looking forward to winter!!! Well, that must have been during a heatwave!!! I must have been delirious from heat stroke or something!!!! 
I now remember clearly why I don't like winters and it's not because of the cold!!! The cold I can manage!!! In fact I love to snuggle up under my blankets with hot chocolate or dress up warmly in a beautiful jersey with a lovely scarf I made myself!!!! 
But...........
We live in a severe frost - black frost to be precise - area and because of that out winters are extremely dry and dull!!! Everything dies!!! The chilly winds become a constant daily pain in the, you-know-what, and sandstorms and fires are the order of the day!!!
When I looked around my garden yesterday, I sighed heavily as I realised that the greenery is slowly disappearing and the signs of winter is fast approaching, but then I saw this beautiful butterfly with it's brilliant colors!!! And it struck me!!! Hey! There is still lots of "flying color" around!!! I can still find color in the grey of winter but I just have to look elsewhere for it!!!
And when I started looking around....
I suddenly saw color everywhere....
From Butterflies to Dragonflies....
And even a colorful lizard...
And last but not least, our colorful feathered friends.....
 Sometimes just a spot of color....
is enough!!!!
If you think your surroundings are lacking in color, just take a look at the "Flying Colors" around you!!!  The beautiful Flying Colors!!!
And so, as the world in the North get ready to be dressed in their happy Spring colors, the world down South is slowly turning into a cold and bleak place, but hey!!! Just take a look around you and you'll find beautiful flying colors!!!!
Enjoy color wherever you might be!!!! It
is there!!!! You just have to look for it!!!

Love
AMarie

2 comments:

  1. wow, that dragonfly is amazing! slightly in awe of your nature and landscape over there. It's true looking a bit closer and there's colour everywhere, plus I'm sure you will be crafting this winter! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are times when you really have to look carefully but you certainly were rewarded with amazing sights, I love your photos! xo K.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated