Pages

Sunday 3 March 2013

Some Creepy & Crawly Critters

And a very big Hello Again...!!

Today I would like to show you all the "Creepy Crawlies" that came out after the last rain.  Some are Creepy and some are crawly and some are just Critters!!! and others are just plain ugly!!!!

A beautiful little chameleon....
Cute tortoises....

Lots of different froggies.......everywhere......
the big, the small and the teeny-weeny....




A beautiful moth....
A very angry little praymantis...
Quite a large and a normal size Shongololo..
 
A basin full of beetles.....(someone left the light on)
Spiders.....
 A Baboon Spider....
and a Golden Orb...
And giant grasshoppers.... with wings!.....

and then there are the snakes....
Please note that we only kill them when they are in or around our house!!!
This is a Snouted Cobra - banded variety - found in Little Miss J's bedroom!  They are extremely dangerous and has a neurotoxic venom that can cause respiratory failure and death!!!   

Note how Roscoe carefully inspects from a distance...... and more than 6.2m long......
This is a Puff Adder, also extremely dangerous - this snake is responsible for the majority of snake bites in our country.  It has a cytotoxic venom that destroys tissue and blood cells - found in the shower!!! 
The African Rock Python is non-venomous and at the least can give you a nasty bite.  We found this one in the maize fields and another curled up in one of our transport crates.  We do not kill them - just relocate them!

and a lovely snake spoor in the sand.... we found it crossing over our spoor on our walk back home......
And now you've seen a little of our Creepy-Crawlies!!!  Do you have creepy things in your garden?  

'Till later my friends
Love
AMarie

5 comments:

  1. OMG - I cannot believe that you have those living near your house!! How can you manage? I would be so scared. The only creepy thing in my house is my beagle Max! Thanks for sharing the link to your web site (found you at the Royal Sisters.) I'll be checking in frequently because I love to read things from people around the world. Right now we have snow outside on the yard - But we may be getting more snow this week. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it weren't for your photos I wouldn't have dared believe you live among so many creatures!!! Fabulous (and daring!) images! I would be afraid to take a shower now, I have to admit :) The tortoise is adorable and the tiny frog too.
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving so many sweet comments. Your crochet work is just lovely! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! can't believe you share your home and garden with all these creatures! You are very brave....! I'm not sure I could handle it!! and as for picking up the snake!

    I didn't manage to open up the photos on the last post by the way, anyway I have seen some extraordinary pictures so i will leave it at that! Bye for now, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was stopping by here to say thanks for commenting on the table riser post, but was shocked to see all these pictures. OMG I would die. How did you even take the pictures. Lol
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeepers creepers A-M, where in the world do you live? I was expecting teensy tiny insects, or molluscs like we have in the UK, I got such a shock with your pictures!!!!
    Awesome wildlife to share your home with, unimaginable to us Brits!
    Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated