Pages

Thursday 7 February 2013

A trip to Johannesburg

 Hello Again

I'm back!!!   Had a lovely little visit with my sister,  Zennet and her husband Alwyn,  in Johannesburg.  It was just a day of business and a whole week of fun, fun, fun!!
They have a lovely home high up on a ridge with a really  wonderful view of the city and at night the sparkly lights stretch as  far as the eye can see!!!  Quite something for a country bumpkin  like me!!
We had a wonderful time shopping, eating, a cabaret show, 3D movies, lots of cappuccino's at quaint little coffee shops and lots of talking and laughter till late at night!!  It was just wonderful!!!!!!!

Sister Zennet and hubby Alwyn
On holiday in Zanzibar....
             And at a Dress-up party...

They have a really lovely garden with a lapa and a upper deck where the view is just amazing!!
                 On Top of the world...      
An ornamental rooster keeping a watchful eye over the valley....
 ..  A cupcake garland I made for her kitchen window....
In this photo you can see the stairs leading up to the pool area  and, then up to the lapa and then finally up to the top deck.
 I also made these buntings for the spare room just to add some color   and cheerfulness.

Unfortunately for me, my other sister Margaret, who lives just  around the corner from Zennet, was away on holiday with her  hubby, Heinie and my parents in the Kruger National Park!!!

And while I was away......

Brandy had her 5th birthday.......
            .... with a birthday message....
                         .......  Cake......
                  ...... and pressies!!!!
.....AND.. Little Miss J's books arrived for her 1st  semester of her 2nd year at varsity (wow) and that's an awful lot of  studying to be done for the 1st semester
.... And then there was a message for me.......
and before I knew it I was back home and back into the normal  routine of  "Life on a game farm".                                   
Home Sweet Home

Love Ye All
AMarie

 PS:  All these photo's were taken on my cell phone and I hope you  can forgive the poor quality!!!









1 comment:

  1. A great trip, nice to see family and nice to be back again! Brandy is sweet! Heather x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated